Ok, so my girl Diamond tells me that she has a comedian friend that she’d like to hook me up with for the BDC (blind date challenge). So naturally I’m like “bring em on”. Now when I said “bring em on” I didn’t mean have him show up to the office unexpectedly on a bad hair, loafer shoe wearing day…
Whatever, my fabulousness trumped all teedness (teed means wack or tore up)…
So Diamond and…we’ll call this well known guy “G”…Diamond & G walk over to my office (aka cubicle) and it’s full of women. [Side note, it was Oprah’s Favorite Things episode so we were all watching in my cube]. G being a comedian, opens with a joke about the employees at BET watching Oprah, hence the content on the network. ‘Great Open’ I'm thinking. He introduces himself to me and all the girls and then the awkwardness begins.
Diamond for whatever reason literally runs away. Mimi pulls my intern away by saying “Come on Jennifer, lets go do that thing”. Francine says “I’m going to the other side of the building, no, the bathroom, yeah that’s right, I’m going to the bathroom”. WTF?!?!
This was THE most obvious and embarrassing moment. G and I just look at each other like, oookaaay.
Our graceless conversation continues about absolutely nothing. Our energy is now mixed with attraction yet an overwhelming sense of discomfort. Naturally he bails out. And apparently Diamond was waiting in the wings because she miraculously showed back up at my cube wanting ALL the details. THERE IS NO DETAILS DIAMOND…
All in all, there was no number exchange but word on the street (the street being Diamond) is that he thinks I’m “mad cute”. Ok Diamond, we are going to have to try this again. HOOK IT UP!
Who knew blind dating was so hard?!
Blind dates are currently pending with friends of Angela, Francine, and Carlyle
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahaha! i would like to say it wasn't that bad - but it was!! We just broke......all at the same time!!! :) But G is extra cute and funny and nice and i thought he would be able to bring it back around despite our tomfoolery!!! Guess not! Diamond please step in for goodness sakes!!!
Miff,
First of all I want to say HA! for inserting the definition of "teed". That's hilarious considering the number of times I've had to do that mid-conversation. Now about the date. My only concern is that he's the "I try my new material at inappropriate times" kind of comedian. You know, the one that's NEVER serious and always reaching for the giggle. No matter how cute he is, that gets old real quick. Fingers crossed that he's not....goodluck!
Joi
Post a Comment