So my friend Shea introduced me to this guy named...let's just call him *Jake (that's right! No more real names will be used in this blog...we'll call it the D.Chaplin rule). Anywho, Jake was great. He made me laugh loud and he challenged me musically. Oh yeah, Jake is a rapper/actor (who will definitely remain nameless...so don't call me to ask). We talked Biggie, Slick Rick, Miles, and Maze. My kind of convo! So Jake invites me to his private listening session of his new album. I went. His music was great. We laughed. We clowned. And I left.
A few days passed, and after a bunch of silly text messages all ending in smiley faces we had an official 1st date. Our date started at the poetry lounge. Jake performed a phenomenal poem about God knows what and then we proceeded to watch the rest of the slammers. After the lounge we hit Jerry's Deli for late night fries and more conversation. Everything was great. We hugged, we held hands, along w/ other corny gestures (no kisses though) and our date ended. And then we sent text messages about absolutely nothing for the rest of the night...I'm thinking, what a great guy!!!!
Ok, enough of the BS...let's fast forward to yesterday! I get a message from him saying "Babe (that's right, Babe. Our great conversations graduated us to pet names in a very short time...Don't Judge) Babe, I had an eventful day. Call me". So naturally I'm thinking, oh he must have had a great studio session or he's booked for a film...negative. I call this Negro back and do you know what he told me?! "So I had lunch with my ex today", I just shook my head as I stood in the dairy section of Ralph's grocery store and prepared myself for the bull sh*t that I was about to be fed. "So I had lunch with my ex today. You know now that we're not arguing, I realize that's she's not such a bad person..." And blah blah blah blah blah!!! I wanted to say, "Well I had sex with mine 2 weeks ago and that doesn't make him a good person!!" [Sorry Mommy]
Shea, next time you decide to hook me up w/ someone, please make sure they are COMPLETELY single or at least ready to be. I'm to fab to be a rebound!
NEEEEXXXXXXXXXT!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...lmao, lmao! Tiff, you are a fool for this one! Next is right who wants to hear about the ex...that bia should be black history!
I love it!!! Keep them coming and yes mommy and I are going to have a talk about that whole sex thing, You aint too grown to get pulled over our knee. :) Luv ya
Miff,
I feel like I'm watching instead of reading. I don't know if its your attention to detail or if its that bull sh!t is so common that I feel like I'm there (or have been there.) Whatever it is, this is some entertaining stuff.....NEXXXXXXXXXXXT!!!!!
Joi
Aww I think you are being harsh. The date sounded sooo cute...and the text messages even cuter! It's his ex...I don't think you should count him out just yet. But go head and keep doin your thing. Nobody said you can't date more than one at once right?
OMG... I am soooo glad I have my own damn office. You are hee-larry-us!
Post a Comment